“FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH”
MUSIC VIDEO CONTEST
HOW TO ENTER:
- Download the mp3 or wav file for “Friday The Thirteenth” here:
- Create a music video for it.
- Log in to your YouTube account and upload your video before midnight May 13, 2011, DEADLINE EXTENDED UNTIL JUNE 3, 2011! Please set the broadcasting/sharing options to unlisted and send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we pick a winner all entrants can then put make their video public if they wish to.
- Your video will show up as an entry on YouTube once the contest administrator checks it and determines it does not contain any defamatory, libelous, indecent or obscene material.
- Share with your friends and await victory.
Only submissions uploaded by midnight June 3rd, 2011 will be eligible to win the the Vincent Minor Friday The Thirteenth Music Video Contest.
Winner will receive $1500.
All submissions must be the original work and property of the entrant. By submitting, entrant signifies s/he is the original creator of the work or is legally authorized to submit the work. See ‘Copyright and Other Important Requirements’ section.
Anyone between the age of 1-100 may enter this contest. You do not need to be currently enrolled in a university program to submit. Students, amateurs, semi-pros, auteurs, pets are all welcome to submit.
JUDGING & WINNER NOTIFICATION
Finalists will be chosen by Social Science Recordings and Vincent Minor. Finalists will be contacted by e-mail within 10 days after contest closes and select entries will be featured on the Social Science website. The final winner will be chosen by Social Science Recordings and Vincent Minor no later than 30 days after contest closes. A minimum of 25 entries must be received by deadline for prize to be awarded.
Social Science reserves the right to alter the contest at any time.
COPYRIGHT & OTHER IMPORTANT REQUIREMENTS
By entering the Friday The Thirteenth Contest, you represent and warrant that:
- Your video submission is your original work and that you own all rights, including copyright rights, in your video submission;
- Your video submission does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party;
- Your video submission has not been entered in or won previous contests or awards;
- Your video submission has not been published or previously distributed in any media;
- Your video submission does not contain any defamatory, libelous, indecent or obscene material; and
- You have obtained permission from each person whose name, image, likeness or voice (collectively, “Likeness”) is included in your video submission, such person(s) have granted you all necessary rights to use their Likeness as described in these Terms and Conditions and you can make written copies of such permissions available to the Sponsors upon request. (If the Likeness of a minor is included in your video submission, such grant of rights must include a written permission from the minor’s parent or legal guardian authorizing the use of the minor’s Likeness.)
-Video submissions deemed by the Contest Judges into not meet the above requirements will be disqualified.
- By submitting, entrant grants Social Science Recordings permission to use, reproduce or distribute the video submission in any and all configurations without additional compensation (beyond the $1500 promised to the contest winner), as well permission to use any names, text, images and sounds from the video in conjunction with the promotion of Vincent Minor & Social Science Recordings.
DOWNLOAD ” FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH”
(Free downloads for contest entrants only. Thanks! All contest entrants are granted prior permission by Social Science and Vincent Minor, to use the song in their submission to the Friday The Thirteenth Music Video Contest)
“FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH” LYRICS:
Saline is dropping like acid rain. My battery’s dying on Saturday. Meter-maid tickets make angry faces. It’s a paper prison in a pickpocket parade. Jump to my bed towards a marshmallow cloud. But land on the floor with a nail through my mouth. Bright lights and white coats and hospital sutures. No health insurance, should have killed me then and there. Superstitions with no reprieve. Shouldn’t have left home On Friday the Thirteenth. Oh my god could it get much worse. Tomorrow came with a much bigger curse. The sky is falling it’s a sure deathwish. Woke up to a colorblind morning. Think I’m going deaf. In this life where there’s no guarantees. Shouldn’t have set foot on Friday the Thirteenth. Thought I’d be smart and prevent a disaster. Take to the stairs and avoid elevators. But what do I know god put workers to work. Who were painting the floor Slipped down 2 flights and that was it. Life on my left, Death on my right. And I’m in between. So I’ll pass it on to the next klutz. On Friday the Thirteenth…